Carrot is a great place to work. One of my favorite perks that we offer is a 5 year paid month-long sabbatical.
We created this perk back in 2018 as a way to reward and retain amazing team members.
If you have worked for a start-up or small business you know that it can be busy. Growing a business takes a lot of hard work and persistence. Having a season of rest to look forward to certainly makes the growth more enjoyable.
To date, there have been 4 paid sabbaticals at Carrot. Each team member has taken advantage of the time off in different ways which are really cool to see.
I have been thinking and planning my sabbatical for a couple of months now and want to share a few of the things I intend to accomplish with my time off.
I could never just sit around and “relax” with all of this time off. Here is a checklist of everything I want to get done and a nerdy notion calendar to help me manage when I could/should be doing it.
What would make this sabbatical a 10/10? Why?
- Read the Bible – every morning and spending time with God.
- Work out every morning – a legit sweat that isn’t rushed. Always finished with Griffey cardio
- Golf – at least twice, doesn’t matter if I go out solo or with Cory
- Read a book – [commit to the book and put it here]
- Publish 2 blog posts – really amazing posts I am proud of
- Publish a side project SaaS idea – find something and get 10 people to sign up for the mailing or wait list
- Annual family BBQ – I missed last year, I need to be there this time
- Take the girls somewhere they’ve never been – it’s not all about me