Seth Buechley’s book Ambition was an incredible read. There is so much to love about this book. Here are a few things that really stood out to me.
- The chapters were short and sweet
- The chapters built on each other
- The layout of the book was incredibly easy to digest
- The stories were personal and the writing style was unique and different
- The takeaways at the end of chapters were profound
The whole premise of this book is that ambitious people, which I consider myself to be, have a tough time handling failure and rejection. In an effort to not blur past an accomplishment, everything starts with showing gratitude.
Disappointment is tied to expectations.
And it’s really hard to be bitter and spiteful when you are expressing gratitude and saying thanks.